The Brisbane Lions would like to give members, supporters and fans an advance invitation to a major Club event scheduled for this Saturday morning right here at the Gabba.
For two hours we will throw open the doors to the public to check out our 'inner sanctum' Football Department and spend time with the players before their all-out assault on the 2009 Premiership!
It is the perfect occasion to check out our Club and the people behind it and:
• purchase or renew your Lions membership on the spot
• purchase your Lions merchandise and get it signed in the flesh
• bring your family & friends along to experience the Club firsthand and encourage them to sign up as members under our 'member get member' rewards program.
We only received access to the field and stadium area this week following confirmation of the Queensland Bulls' final domestic cricket fixtures for the season.
Some activities are still being confirmed, but it will certainly be a great preview for all Lions fans to the exciting year ahead with Vossy and Browny at the helm. See you there!
WHAT: 2009 BRISBANE LIONS GABBA OPEN DAY
WHEN: 10am - 12 noon, THIS Saturday 14 March 2009
WHERE: The Gabba, Gate 2 precinct on Stanley Street, Woolloongabba.
PARKING: FREE public parking is available in two Stanley Street carparks - one entrance off Stanley Street, second entrance off Trafalgar Street.
Other parking is being investigated at surrounding schools and businesses (if required).
NB: The players will have a post-match recovery session that morning from 9:30am - 10am following the previous night's match v Richmond @ Gold Coast Stadium, Carrara.
• Tour of the Lions facilities: the locker room, half-time briefing room, warm-up room, gym, media room, players breakout room & players race - tours by Lions players & staff.
• Puma junior boot fitting & signing with Simon Black & other Lions players.
• AFL Footy Clinic including a handball target competition on the Gabba field with Lions players & AFL Queensland Development staff.
• Player autographs & photos.
• Hero Mail booth for fans to send support messages to their favourite players.
• Gabba corporate facilities (around Gate 2) open for hosted inspections, enquiries & sales.
• Lions Membership marquee for enquiries, sales & 2009 member cap collections.
SEATS FOR SALE!
• FOR SALE slips will appear on available Gabba seats containing the Section/Row/Seat details for prospective members to try the actual seat and approve their view of the field.
They can then bring this FOR SALE slip to Match Office 2 to purchase that seat for the season - so you can walk away with your entire membership pack except for the membership card which will be sent in the mail shortly after.
• LUCKY SEAT PRIZE: Every FOR SALE slip is linked to a lucky seat prize if that seat is purchased ranging from Lions scarves to guernseys & memorabilia!
NB: For seasonal membership sales only. NEW 3-Game Membership sales will be handled directly by membership staff as these are already assigned to a prime seating area.
• Gate 2 Lions Shop open with 'one day only' sale specials.
• Ticketek booth available for Round One ticket sales: Lions v West Coast @ The Gabba - 6:10pm, Saturday 28 March 2009 before they go on sale to the public!
• Roving MC Richard Champion with player interviews, trivia questions for prizes, giveaways etc.
• Kids Zone with FREE jumping castle, face painting, banner making and bead threading in our team colours.
• FREE Lions showbags for the kids (while stocks last).
• Lions mascot Bernie 'Gabba' Vegas (who turns 100 games old this year!) with his Bernie Van & mascot races.
• Plenty of food and drink available including a FREE sausage sizzle.
Media Activities: (confirmed to date with more to come)
• Triple M: LIVE Outside Broadcast - Dead Set Legends Program (9am - 11am) featuring player & coach interviews.
• Triple M: Interactive Street Van with AFL Wii games - Lions fans v players competitions.
• The Sunday Mail: 2009 Brisbane Lions team poster will appear in next day's edition!
Club Sponsors have also been invited to contribute products and services to this event:
Bank of Queensland
MBF (previously HBA)
Audi Centre Brisbane
Warner Bros. Movieworld