Seniors: 2nd Half Lapse Cost Tigers Dearly
Reserves: Solid Win Against Co Finals Contenter. Shane Ward Dons the Yellow & Black Again for BOG Performance
The coaching staff had made a change in training strategy during the week with a move away from skills to focus on defensive structures and a reminder of the importance of maintaining positions on the field. Although the majority of our boys still require a lot of work on their basic football skills we felt our football knowledge was letting us down to a greater degree and so will continue with this theme over the coming weeks.
We all made the long journey to Beenleigh on Sunday to face the mighty defence of the Buffalo ’s; who had only conceded a combined total of 17 points in their last 2 games. All the boys arrived raring to go and approached the task at hand with a positive professional attitude and from the opening bounce our attack on the ball was fantastic.
The first 7 minutes of the first quarter was an arm wrestle with neither team able to make progress on the score board, toward the end of the quarter however the Buffalo’s were able to pile on 4 quick goals and although we held the ball in our forward line for half the quarter we were not able to trouble the scorers.
The second quarter was much the same as the first with both teams on equal footing throughout, the Buffalo ’s only managed 1 goal for the quarter and again their mighty defence kept us scoreless. The third and fourth quarters saw a return of 3 goals each to the Buffalo ’s and finally the Tigers persistence paid off with a return of 1 goal 3 for the half.
Beenleigh Vs Redcliffe
Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final
Goals: 1 Taggs
Great Efforts from the following boys:
· Diesel: finally hit his straps and was unbelievable from the BP for the entire game
· Ozzie: Superstar effort from CHB won countless contests and rebounded after a couple of big hits
· Taggs: Fought a cold and weariness after 2 weeks overseas to show what a great asset he is as Co-Captain
· Chappy: Won countless pack contests and created many attacks with his handball to advantage and fearless attitude
· Boschy: Amazing fight from FB all day and showed just how tough a player he is by fighting off many attacks single handed
· Bridge: Repelled many attacks with his aggressive attack on the ball
· Ferret and Flash: A change in roles from the coaches for these two speedsters showed great signs of things to come
· Bailey G: Incredible courage continues with a fearless head over the ball approach, inspirational
A huge improvement and Grant, Nick and I would like to congratulate all the boys for sticking to their tasks all game; we know that this new direction will reap great rewards for the boys and can’t wait to see the continued improvement over the coming weeks. Also we would like to thank Campbell and his parents for making the trip to Beenleigh to support his team. That’s the Tiger attitude!
Other results from Round 3
Ladder after Round 3